View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 08:27 AM   #1
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G, iPad 3, iPad Air
Can plugins have a custom UI dialog?

I am aware that for custom plugins that the customization_help() function can be used to allow plugins to have a single string value supplied by the user.

However is it at all possible to launch a custom Qt .ui dialog included as part of the plugin zip file? Or are you limited to just the singly .py file containing your plugin code?

I have until now always used "tweaks" for my GUI plugins that require complex configuration. I can appreciate that it would of course be much nicer and consistent with other plugins if such configuration was self-contained and maintained within the plugins dialog instead. However a single "string" isn't a sufficiently powerful function for some of them.

Any other option available or do I just stick to tweaks for now?
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote