View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 03:50 PM   #21
emt
Readasaurus
emt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud ofemt has much to be proud of

Device: Nook HD+, Ipad Mini, Iphone
Overdrive Epubs

I am using Overdrive Media Console on my rooted Nook. First, after I downloaded it from the Market, I activated it (from my PC using Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit) with Adobe Digital Editions.

Overdrive books are in Adobe Epub format.

I then have download books from my local library - for example I am currently reading "The Spy" by Clive Cussler. I D/L the book to my PC and throw it in my Dropbox - when I open the book in Dropbox on the Nook Color, it automatically asks if I want to read it in the Overdrive Reader (i.e., the Overdrive Media Console) or in the BN reader - I choose Overdrive so I can read in landscape.

I suppose you could also use Dolphin browser on the Nook Color to directly D/L books (or to Dropbox) but I have not tried this yet - the way I'm doing it works well for me and is simple.

This also works with Overdrive audio books so you can D/L them to the Nook also.
emt is offline   Reply With Quote