View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 11:42 AM   #4
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
the nook's battery life will be around 5- 8 days the kindle will have a longer battery life of close to 3 weeks . So if charging it once a week is no bother then the nook's battery life is pretty solid. It doesn't affect me one iota.

I know if you are getting low on a charge you can read the nook while it's being charged. I don't know about the kindle, I'm sure you can.

Also the nook has a replacable battery that can be bought at either Best Buy, Barnes and noble both instore and online. the kindle's is sealed in and will have to send it back to Amazon if the battery has issues or no longer holds a charge. And the nook has expandable memory if your library keeps growing throughout the years.

Sincy you don't plan on stripping any DRM then ePub will be fine on the nook if you want to shop around at other ebook stores.

I also really love the book cover, cover flow and the touchscreen navigation, to me it brings something to plate. Book covers are meant to be seen in color and are part of the total package. But again that's me.

I hope this helps.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote