View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 12:36 PM   #17
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505, VS gTablet, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post
If you take the time to root the Nook Color I just don't see how it can be beat. Bottom line...you have yourself a tablet with an eReader program on it. And if you are like me and had already bought a Kindle 3, you just add the Kindle app to your Nook Color and now you can read ALL your books on once device.

About the only ding I give it is battery...mine lasts anywhere from 7 - 9 hours I would say. That's with surfing the web and reading and playing some games. I haven't tried watching a full movie yet. I would like to see a bit more battery life out of it...a solid and reliable 10 hours of movies would make me a very happy person. I've gotten used to just charging mine every night.
Try an Archos tablet, they're entirely geared towards multimedia playback. Not sure of the battery life, but it should be decent.

gTablet has good battery life too, but not sure of battery life when playing videos or the elocity a7 but again not sure of battery life playing videos.

Readers, I get both eInk and LCD for good daylight reading and good poorly lit reading.

Comparing to the iPad? Are you nuts? NC will be slower and need some extra hacking to come even close in general functionality, but should beat it as a reader even stock unless B&N did their job wrong.
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote