*** This plugin has now been moved to it's own thread - download from the link below ***
This plugin allows you to launch external applications for editing your books in Calibre.
Common uses are to allow editing a specific format of a book in an external editor (such as to edit an EPUB in Sigil), or to edit the cover of a book in an external graphics program to crop/resize it.
- Launch external applications for a particular format or cover of the selected book.
- Easy to use configuration dialog accessed via right-click context menu or Preferences->Plugins
- A number of predefined default Windows application paths for you to choose from, plus the ability to edit/add your own.
- Menu is fully customisable to change ordering, add submenus, keyboard shortcuts, images and command line arguments.
- Import and export capability for backup or sharing with other users.
- Help file web page available from the configuration dialog.
- Requires Calibre v0.7.42 or later.
- Tested under Windows only by myself, though it should work on other platforms.
- Download the attached zip file and install the plugin/restart Calibre/add to context menu as described in the first post of this thread.
- Click on "Customize plugin" in the context menu to select the application(s) you want in your menu, alter paths etc as appropriate for your machine setup. This option is also available via the Preferences->Plugins dialog once you select it within the list.