View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 08:06 PM   #8
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, T2; KPW2; iPad Mini Retina; Nooks
Quote:
Originally Posted by screaminglemon View Post
I did just that. I was also worried that it wouldnt be worth it to upgrade until i had them both in hand and was able to directly compare the two. Let me tell you, it is VERY worth the upgrade. the two screens are like night and day and the new touchscreen is actually more responsive and easier to use. and the zoom lock for pdfs is by itself worth the cost although i dont see why sony couldnt have upgraded the firmware in the 900 to include that feature. oh well. i have no regrets about upgrading to the 950.
screaminglemon did an excellent job of summing up my thoughts too. Lots of people have upgraded their 900 to the 950. I also like the speediness of Wi-fi compared to 3G, wikipedia integration and the improved multi-column view mode for PDF's.

However, if you like your 900 and you don't really need any of the improved features, then maybe it would be better to wait a few months until the price drops more if you don't want to part with your money now. Your profile doesn't say where you are located. In the US, Sony has a trade-in program going through the end of the year. You can get a $75 discount if you swap your 900 for the 950.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote