View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 03:46 PM   #7
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalytic View Post
What's softroot?
Rooting is done when you want to get root access to your Androids OS. Because the Nook is android, it can be rooted to install new software and apps. Basically the techies first hack the Nook or NOOKcolor and create software that is easy for us non-techies to install, lol.

A rooted Nook will give you the freedom to do things B&N restricts. IE: a out-of-box NOOK wifi or 3g won't let you keep your B&N books and side loaded books in the same folder, nor can you see the covers for the side loaded books. In a rooted NOOK your B&N and side loaded books are all in one library, you can search them all and look through the covers equally. You can also use the tags in calibre to make collections.

I use my tags to keep my books organized by genre (I have about 25 tags and can have the same book under as many tags as I want). Then I use the Shelves to organize what is read and unread.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote