View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 11:00 PM   #61
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: droid, kindle, kobo, eslick, sony
Thanks for creating and revising AKC.

Ok, I like the concept and the simplicity of AKC but I'm a bit frustrated at the moment.

If I use a variation of the basic send to disk template, {author_sort}/_{series}/{title} - {authors} , then I have no problems. And, I would stop here, but I have 3000+ files that I would like to subdivide into more than just author, series collections.

But, if I try to add user generated columns, I run into problems.

for example, I first tried a column, science_fiction_fantasy, that was broken into SFF_Fant, SFF_SciFi, SFF_UFant (comma separated text, ... shown in tag browser)

using this template, {author_sort}/{#science_fiction_fantasy}/_{series}/{title} - {authors}, resulted in following type of file

x:\documents\Jim Butcher\#science_fiction_fantasy\Dresden Files\Storm Front.mobi

All that calibre apparently "sees" is the heading, not the data within the column.

I then tried just creating a yes/no column entitled SFF. That template, {author_sort}/{#SFF}/_{series}/{title} - {authors}, resulted in following type of file

x:\documents\Jim Butcher\yes\Dresden Files\Storm Front.mobi and "yes" and "no" collections.

My ultimate goal is a collection called "SFF" but I'm not there yet.

Any thoughts? Am I choosing the inappropriate column data format?

I'm doing all this on my old Kindle DX-2 running 2.5.6 since it has far fewer files than my everyday K3.

Thanks for any help.
ElizabethN is offline   Reply With Quote