View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 10:53 AM   #24
basschick
Guru
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen 3, Kindle 3 WiFi, iPod Touch with Stanza
these are the same publishers that make you pay separately if you want a second format of your ebook. in fact, if you want 4 formats, the big publishers will make you buy each one without even offering a discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by applewine View Post
I think the publisher would go along with it. They are going to make more money and don't have to relax the restrictions on their digital license in any way.

As I explained they would not be losing money because nobody is going to buy the book twice under normal pricing. Getting people to pay more for the same book is a good idea.
most of the big publishers seem to be completely irrational. when you have lots of time, go visit the news section of this site. publishers don't grasp e-reading, and they seem to go out of their way to make it difficult, too expensive and annoying whenever possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by applewine View Post
You are telling me the publishers are irrational and will make decisions that make themselves less profit on a sale. I do not know these companies, but I find that hard to believe.

You must realize that selling an e-license for full price is much less than a print copy plus say 2 dollars for an e-license. It would be irrational and self destructive to their bottom line profit to not offer a bundle option with the sales model I mentioned. If the are greedy and want money, they will do what I suggested. If they want less money or ate really as stupid as you claim then maybe they won't, bug I doubt that. I think they just need to be given the idea by the retailer and authors.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote