View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 02:44 AM   #1
elliekats
elliekats began at the beginning.

Device: astak
BUYING ASTAK IN AUSTRALIA - HELP

Hi hoping someone can help me: After almost two weeks of researching ereaders I finally decided to purchase an astak 6" ereader. I have read many of the threads here and am happy with my decision. However - I have hit a brick wall in regards to actually purchasing. I went to the website listed by both robertb and jennifer from astak for "international orders" (www.astak.com)only to find that there is absolutely NO mention of ereaders anywhere on the site. So I sent an email to their support area to be told they had sold out. Even if thatís the case - why arenít the products even listed on this website??? The other website (www.theezreader.com) lists them but they all have sold out against them, and just to double check I went into the purchase area but there is no international option. The service support did suggest I check other areas such as buy.com or Newegg.com - but they didnít have the astak - unless itís called something else? And I donít know what the internationally purchasing/shipping policy is for these companies. At least with the one robertb gave was for overseas purchases (supposedly?). Also - its Xmas - and they have run of of stock already?? And no info on the site to say when the next shipment in etc.

So - I really had my heart set on this product for Xmas, but I feel I am now back to square one, and may end up buying something completely different - or not at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am at my whitís end.
elliekats is offline   Reply With Quote