View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 03:03 PM   #54
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnfe View Post
Whoops, I was responding to your part about the web browsing, not the 3G downloads part. So you can download things from places other than Amazon directly to your Kindle and read them? I didn't think that was possible. The Sony 950 does have free 3G, so that might actually be a draw over the nook.
All the eReaders that come with 3G offer 3G for free. However the Kindle is unrestricted where as the nook only is enabled for their store.

I don't know about the SONY 3G, but based on their web page it looks like their 3G is limited to the sore as well. (Any SONY 950 users out their want to chime in a let us know if SONY's 3G is only available to their store?)

From the SONY store
Quote:
(Note: Content outside the Reader Store and Google Books content will not be available for wireless download, but can be managed through your compatible Mac or PC.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnfe View Post
ETA: The stealing comment was if I strip DRM and it removes the expiration and then I forget/decide not to delete, it's the same thing as stealing. If I am going to strip DRM/Convert, I'd rather do it on content I am owning instead of content I am borrowing.
Ah yes I agree.

Well here is the bad news for you then. See if you read the license agreement to all eBook stores, that use DRM, say you are not buying the book but rather are purchasing a license to 'read' the book.

You never really 'own' the book, so from your moral view it's best if you don't remove DRM altogether.

Oh also if you read a lot of SI-FI and Fantasy. There is an excellent book publisher who sells DRM free books(you own these when you buy them) in all formats.

http://www.baen.com/

They also have a huge free library of some real classic SI-FI/Fantasy books.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote