View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #13
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
I just thought of something - obviously, immoral or illegal or....

But the fact that a PUBLIC library loans books in a format that is restricted to certain readers might be grounds for, well, de-drm-ing them. Not to violate the length of the borrowing period but to read them on a comfortable reader in an arm chair rather than at a pc, at a desk.

After all, as long as a real book is printed in a language I can read, I can just borrow and read it. Why should there be an artificial restriction on ebooks and the brand of reader used to read them?

Just another way of improperly looking at things.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote