View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 01:21 PM   #4
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Hmm.. I'm asking what the actual text headings are. But if they're in bold you can probably write an xpath for it. I had a similar book, and I used this xpath (under the structure detection preferences):

Code:
//*[((name()='b' or name()='h2') and re:test(., '\w{2,}', 'i')) or @class = 'chapter']
That will look for any bolded text with two or more word characters and mark it as a chapter. (most of the alternate tests aren't needed, I just modified the defaults slightly)

Alternatively you can post your book over on the bug tracker - bugs.calibre-ebook.com. I've been working on some new Chapter markup/splitting routines for pdf conversion, I can use your book as a test case, since it doesn't seem to work with the current functionality.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote