View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 02:34 AM   #225
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
Buying e-books from B&N on your PC is not difficult at all.
1. Register your B&N account with an US shipping and billing address. You can use any valid US address.
2. Install a VPN like Hotspot Shield (free) or alwaysVPN ($8.50).

If you want to buy e-books from B&N on your PC first start the VPN, than buy the books. It is as easy as that.
Am I the only one who has problems with this method?

I've mentioned this before, but even when I go the VPN route, the ebooks successfully get added to My Library (in my account on the website) but if I try to download them onto my computer, it doesn't let me. Usually, it's either something about my using an invalid credit card (I'm using a non-US card, as I assume are most people who use VPN) or -- if I try disconnecting my VPN -- about my location not being supported.

Admittedly, I haven't tried in a few months (I'm buying most of my books via Borders) but that's how it was when I last tried.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote