View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 08:28 PM   #8
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Xoom, Kindle PW, iPad3, Fire HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by emalvick View Post
I a

Last, I am curious about the S.F. Library mentioned as I am a California resident, and I imagine that their selection far outweighs what is available to me in Yolo County.
There's a wiki page here that lists libraries that lend ebooks:
http://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBook_Lending_Libraries

The following (at least) are available to any residents of CA, and they seem to have the largest collections as well (probably due to state funding):

Los Angeles County
Los Angeles (City)
Pasadena
Sacramento
San Francisco
San Jose
Northern CA Digital Library (Bay Area) - some of these accept CA residency

At least for SFPL, you can fill out an application online, but you have to visit in person to verify CA residency and get a card. And yes, where Yolo County has 292 fiction titles, SF has 3320 (but a good 20-30% of those are in Chinese, which unfortunately I cannot read).

I hope to add the San Jose to my choices next time I'm there, if not NCDL.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote