View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 08:04 PM   #14
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I feel bad that we did not catch this error in the Release candidate we tested over the weekend. It was a feature that worked flawlessly in the beta before that, so i guess i didn't think to check.

For me, the best part of this update isn't the new features, but actually the very, very improved sync, both with the desktop and with mobile devices. It makes it very easy to plug in my reader, go to the desktop application, open a book there and quickly page through and set a bookmark one page from the end. Then I can sync and easily move the book out of I'm Reading. While it isn't elegant, it sure is easier than doing the multiple click thing.

Page turns are very fast now--again, not a new feature, but a big improvement. You still have to wait a bit for chapter changes, but the page turns are great.

I'm also a big fan of the dictionary and the of the new feature that makes it possible for us to choose to have our readers automatically shut down after 15 minutes in sleep or not.

Oh, and did I mention that we can now load RTF, txt, and html formats along with a whole bunch of image files? Just create a documents folder and drag them in there.

There's more...
taming is offline   Reply With Quote