View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 01:40 PM   #75
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I changed the default to '.'. The trailing slash isn't needed, and probably shouldn't be there, because it will result in path names containing 2 slashes.
Huh - on my system it didn't work without the trailing slash, but maybe it's specific to my server. Not a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
My guess is that the browser can't handle parsing the file name component out of a URL containing query strings. Instead, it looks for an extension at the end of the URL, and then gets confused.

I have uploaded a 'release' 0.2.3_beta that embeds the required information into the path instead of using query strings. Let me know if this fixes the problem. If so, I will release it. If not, then we need to look further. Use the link above, as the beta is not listed on my calibre page.

Note that the beta also contains the fixes for prev/next and the change to use categories instead of searches on URLs
The change doesn't seem to make a difference, I'll do some further research, get some packet captures done and let you know if I can spot the key difference.

The 2.3 beta seems like it may have introduced some other problem - requests to the PHP server are frequently hanging/timing out from the Android browser. Requests to other directories on the same server are fine while getting the timeouts, and access from a desktop to the php server is fine when Android is hanging. Hopefully I can ID the cause when I do the other debugging.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote