View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Any time a 3G radio is on it tries to connect. It uses a huge amount of energy trying to find a connection. So if there is no service in your location, the 3G radio will eat up the battery in short order. If the service keeps switching between 3G and a slower connection like Edge it will burn up a lot of energy too. The same goes for any 3G radio whether in a phone or another device. So keep 3G turned off when you are out of a service area. Actually, I keep 3G off nearly always as it is seldom used in my case, and I keep WiFi off when I am no using it.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote