View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 08:09 AM   #10
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G, iPad 3, iPad Air
Thanks for the reply. I absolutely knew a few of the items would be "controversial" which is why I just tinkered in my copy rather than bother you with noise in your incident tracker etc.

Totally agree that several would best be pushed onto an options dialog when it exists but as I said there was stuff I wanted "now" to tide me over. As well as that "Find in all files" default, it would be nice to have a dropdown option to choose which file gets opened first when you open an epub, to assuage your "LLA rule".

Also I totally understand the code view switch on Find thing, it was always going to be a temporary hack until you implement Find on book view which I believe is in your longer term plans. However as it is right now if you make the "mistake" of doing a Find on a tab that happens to be in book view the corresponding dialog and extra clicks got repetitively painful, hence my temporary hack.

That last item on my list (renaming) was indeed the only one I haven't implemented as I discovered as you pointed out that it lies with Qt code interaction. I will still have a dabble to see if I can find a way though.

As for submitting the changes to you, to be honest they are all only a couple of lines of code each and for a guru familiar with the code like yourself I would doubt more than 15 mins work to do the lot. It only took me a couple of hours and that was with no Sigil or Qt knowledge and minimal C++ skills. My hesitation in submitting them to you comes from the fact that as I am neither a C++ nor a cross platform developer you might spend more time having to review and "fix" my changes than it would take you to do them "properly" yourself.

However if you are happy to take that risk then for sure I can redo the ones you showed interest in as patches for you to take a look at. It just so happens that I am taking a break from work for a few months more so some more dabbling with Sigil code from time to time if it helped you out at all to start addressing my "deficiencies" above could be of interest.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote