View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 04:40 AM   #74
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 5,784
Karma: 1212788
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: France
Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
One recommended tweak - I accidentally deleted my config file, so had to re-create it from scratch. Images weren't showing because I forgot to set the $config['web_dir'] variable. I just set it to:
Code:
$config['web_dir'] = './';
I changed the default to '.'. The trailing slash isn't needed, and probably shouldn't be there, because it will result in path names containing 2 slashes.
Quote:
One problem I'm having is related to Android/Aldiko - my brother is an Android user. Once Aldiko is installed it associates the 'application/epub+zip' mimetype to itself, and will load the epub once it's downloaded. I have the mimetype correctly configured on my web server, and if I just manually go to the URL of the epub in the browser it downloads and launches Aldiko. However if I try to load the epub using the PHP server the download fails. Android just says the title of the download is <unknown>, and that it was unsuccessful. I haven't tried pcaps or anything like that, but I can give it a shot if need be.
My guess is that the browser can't handle parsing the file name component out of a URL containing query strings. Instead, it looks for an extension at the end of the URL, and then gets confused.

I have uploaded a 'release' 0.2.3_beta that embeds the required information into the path instead of using query strings. Let me know if this fixes the problem. If so, I will release it. If not, then we need to look further. Use the link above, as the beta is not listed on my calibre page.

Note that the beta also contains the fixes for prev/next and the change to use categories instead of searches on URLs
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote