View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #21
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
I like the Sony's alot but they are just priced insanly, as good as their hardware is, it's tough to recommend with the 950 being $300, the 650 at $229 (no wireless) and their home bookstore as a platform just isn't as good as Barnes and Nobles. Yes they both accept Adobe Digatal Editions (ePub) but you'll find more bargains, coupons, freebies with BN. As much as I love to shop around , there are times when its just so much easier to shop with your home platform

The nook wifi only is $149. It's hardware is also top notch. and $80 cheaper than the Sony 650 AND its wireless AND you have great bookstore platform.

both are great, the nook just had a major update recently(v1.5) one of the highlights of this update was it darkened the text to improve it's contrast. It is pretty much on par with the new pearl screen of the new sony's at least close enough where it no longer factors in to a decision.

I like both ereaders, but I just can't wrap my brain around Sony's pricing strategy. It makes no sense.

Save yourself about $80 and go with the nook wifi only model. you can buy a cover and 5 books plus the nook wifi for the price of the 650.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote