View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 09:41 PM   #20
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnfe View Post
Thanks, if I don't go with the Sony store, then the wireless doesn't make as much sense. It's great being able to buy a new book and start reading it without hooking it up to a computer but if I'm doing mostly library books or books from other sites and sideloading, it doesn't make as much sense. That would let me get the 650 for the same price (on sale) as the nook. Then I could spend the extra money on...books! And a case, and....

Now, I DO currently spend lots of time in the B&N bookstore, so the nook isn't completely out of the running. The free hour of reading is nice, along with the free coupons. But if I'm going there I can just read the actual book and the coupons are only good if I actually use them.
Sony 650 is a great hardware/reader but like I always say, it is just the tool. The Nook is backed up by B&N online bookstore which right now has a wider selection than Sony I believe.

If I was you, I would check about 20 books you like: 10 pbooks and 10 new ebooks you would like to get. Get an average of how many you found at B&N and will give you an idea of how good or bad is Nook for your own taste and reading preferences.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote