View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 06:07 PM   #36
Critteranne
Evangelist
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop, iPad, Nook, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmay View Post
I think this is a really good strategy for authors with multiple books. Amanda Hocking has done this -- and look at her go!
I bought two of hers because they were both 99 cents -- and of course because I liked the sample. Her books always seem to be on the lists of what's hot and what's selling, such as B&N's Flying Off the Shelves link. Like me, other people decided they didn't mind risking 99 cents on an unknown author. Why spend $7.99 or more on a paranormal from a big name publisher if the indie author's book is cheaper and getting better reviews?

On the other hand, last week, a PubIt author introduced himself (assuming he was a guy here) on the Nook board, and the first book in his series was $9.99. His plans were to sell the first one for nearly ten dollars, then reduce the prices for later volumes until the last one was 99 cents. He was certainly earnest, but I can't see that working unless the first book gets incredible reviews from respected blogs, posters, etc.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote