View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #4
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G, iPad 3, iPad Air
Ok, what a mission, but I got there in the end.

In case anyone else ends up following in my footsteps (or I reinstall my machine and can't remember) this is what I ended up doing in addition to the software in my first post:
1. Install the Microsoft Direct X SDK
2. Install the Microsoft Windows 7 SDK (for AMD 64, yeah even if your processor is an Intel 64-bit so long as it isn't Itanium)
3. Add the bin folder from your Qt install to your path variable
4. Start a VS.Net 2010 command prompt and go to the Qt directory
5. Run this command line:
Code:
configure -platform win32-msvc2010 -opensource -qt-zlib -qt-gif -qt-libpng -qt-libmng -qt-libtiff -qt-libjpeg -nomake tools -nomake examples -nomake demos -nomake docs -nomake translations -ltcg
6. Run nmake

After a fair time to compile (and lots of warnings scrolling by) it should have finished compiling Qt. At this point I was able to go back to my x86 project for VS.net, rebuild it and finally my own build of Sigil.exe runs. Yay!

I get one warning in the error list in VS.Net (LNK4068: /MACHINE not specified; defaulting to x86) but since it still works I don't care.

Thanks Valloric for identifying the problem and of course for Sigil to dabble with. I was very close to building a VM with VS.Net 2008 in it to save all the hassles but got there in the end.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote