View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 01:31 PM   #8
Rebo
Groupie
Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook, nook color, kindle 3, Ipad 2nd gen, Nook HD+, Iphone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Hello and welcome,

I don't like the Nook color. My opinion is that it's a cheap version of an iPAD, that can do much more and in a better way. The battery life is horrible, about 4 or 5 hrs with average usage, which makes it a "no no" if you are reading a novel. In a travel, you will have to be close or recharge frequently. The glare is a big issue too. Using a Nook color on the beach or sun light it's problematic.
Where do you get the data of 4 to 5 hrs with average usage from? I get 9 hours from my Nook Color just for reading. My co-worker gets 10 hours. There is a thread in the Nook Subforum on battery life.

The Nook Color IS cheaper than iPad, in fact by $250. However, its screen resolution is even higher than the iPad. The screen display of the Nook Color is the best in its class, only rivaled by the much more expensive $599 Samsung Galaxy tablet. The Nook Color exels as an color ereader with expanded tablet functions but unlike the iPad, it is not supposed to be a full tablet right off the box.

I think people who are interested in any device should really go to the subforums where actual owners share their experience. This will provide a far better assessment of each device so they can decide based on their own needs. This will filter out a lot of non-owners who criticise based on phantom data or fanboys who would only sing praise to their own device.
Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote