View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 08:30 AM   #4
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post

And how would lack of DRM servers help with that? If a company's servers went down, you still wouldn't be able to buy eBooks from them, DRM or no DRM.
I think a major point is that if a company's DRM server goes down, it can deny you access to a book that you've already *bought*.

(This is my main concern - I've had to reauthorize computers numbers of times due to device upgrades. I still have the actual files and I don't even need to redownload them, I just need to be able to access them again. That's enough of a pain when the server on the other side is working.)
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote