View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 04:49 PM   #3
mornington
Connoisseur
mornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-650
Singing and Dancing version of the script

Attached is the latest incarnation of the script, which is a lot more powerful(though mostly configurable via variables in the script itself, rather than command-line flags). For example, it can now be set (via the command line) to just sort the existing collections into alphabetical order (by setting lastAccess) or to just produce a report of the collections on the kindle.

The by-author collections creation is more flexible as well now, with the ability (via scripted vars, not command line opts, since this expansion was for my own use) to provide be more selective about which authors get their own collections by only counting books which aren't part of a collaborative series and/or which aren't anthologies of stories by multiple authors and bits and pieces like that. The details are in the script.

It can also auto-create by-genre "miscellany" collections by "intelligently" working out from tags and other metadata what to put in each one so they don't get too enormous (for example, this lets me label Perry Rhodan books as "Space Opera" in Calibre along with all the other space opera books/stories but to automatically omit Perry Rhodan books from the "Space Opera miscellany" collection when that gets created so that other such books are easier to find in that collection).

Anyways, not sure how much of that new code would be useful to other people but it's all in the attached script and pretty well commented (though set up for my tags, obviously), so I've attached it in case somebody finds it useful.

In the zipfile are also my standard ms-doc batch files, to give some idea of how command line flags can be combined usefully, along with my notes on the script.

Last edited by mornington; 12-17-2010 at 08:30 AM. Reason: New version of "singing and dancing" version of script is attached further down the thread
mornington is offline   Reply With Quote