View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 02:14 PM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinser View Post
Hi, I'm new to the forum and new to Kindle, but already found much of use here -- so thanks. I haven't been able to find anything on this issue, though.

So I looked at Kindle for PC, IPhone, etc., thinking anyone could get that to read Kindle files. But the application doesn't seem to like personal documents. Maybe I gave up too quickly.

If anyone has had success with other methods, I'd appreciate some advice.
Can't speak for the Kindle 4Iphone but the Kindle 4 PC does handle non Amazon files just fine, I use it all the time, they must be (MOBI/PRC/AWZ) files however. Also if you still seem to have problems with K4PC you can always try MobiPocket's MobiReader.

Have the third party install MobiReader and send them your documents(awz&mdp) and they will be able to view your comments, highlights and notes. As well as add their own.

History, Amazon bought MobiPocket for their eBook and format technology. The formats to date are virtually identical. The irony is MobiPocket's tools are still better than Amazon's and any competitor even though nothing has came out of MP since Amazon acquired them.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote