Thread: Troubleshooting Reading PDFs with column text on Kindle
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
DaAfroSheenQueen
DaAfroSheenQueen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iphone 3GS, netbook
Reading PDFs with column text on Kindle

Hello all

I've run into a bit of a problem and need some help trying to figure this out. I've tried using the search feature, but didn't find the answer to my question. That said, if this has been answered, I'd be more than happy to read the previous post if you provide the link.

Anywho..

I do a lot of reading of the Code of Federal Regulations at work for various projects. I've recently started converting the pdfs and uploading them to my Kindle, which cuts down on the amount of eye stain from looking at my computer all day (and my eyes are thanking me for it). I've managed to find a lot of the CFR that I use (mostly 40 CFR which is enviromental regulations) in none column pdf documents. However there are parts of 40 CFR that are stright from the federal register that I need to upload and its produced in the dreaded two column pdf format.

Is there a way to strip the column formating so that I can convert to azw or mobi and upload to my kindle? Is there an easier method (or any method) that makes two column pdfs easier to read on kindles?

Thanks in advance!
DaAfroSheenQueen is offline   Reply With Quote