View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCARaddicted View Post
I haven't had very much problems with ADE, but from wha I have seen so far, I believe, that most of the bugs that everyone mentions appear on handheld devices. And I think the majority of the readers uses the ADE parser. At least Sony and Hanlin (and all it's clones like Bebook) uses ADE.

One bug that I experienced is this: I have this one ebook. There are 3 "special" (hebrew) characters in the ebook. I found them in the unicode table so I just added them to my ebook. I cheched my base file (the html file) with Firefox and the hebrew letters showed up. Then I converted it with Calibre and looked at it with the Calibre ebook-viewer and the hebrew letters showed up. Then I copied the epub on my ebook and looked at it - and instead of the hebrew letters, I ended up with "?". And as far as I know, this is one of the bugs - no full support of all unicode characters.
I am not sure this is a bug. It is not reasonable to expect the default font set on the device to handle full unicode. However ADE does support embedding fonts and thus you can easily solve the problem yourself whenever needed.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote