View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 11:55 PM   #43
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura (soon), (soon-to-be-ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
I'm a Mac user who's perfectly happy with a prs500, thanks to libprs500. There're plenty of multi-format books at Fictionwise and Baen. There's all of Project Gutenberg (including bunches of books pre-formatted here are MobileRead). Given how sucky the pricing is at Sony's store (even after the kindle-related price cuts), who needs 'em? The right pricing for novels is $6.00 quantity one, or $15.00 for six (c.f. Baen and their DRM-free pricing).

I can use libprs500 to convert just about any non-DRM'd book to Sony's format. The only time I ever hooked up my prs500 (or my wife's -- we're a two-reader family!) to a PC was for the initial registration and again for a firmware upgrade.

You can successfully use any of the current crop of readers with a Mac without worry.
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote