Originally Posted by WilliamG
OK, since nothing is perfect, these are my issues with the Kindle:
1.) If I download a sample, and then buy the book, why is the sample still there on my Kindle? I find that annoying.
2.) I can't find a way to delete (the samples, for example!), from the Kindle. Do you really have to connect it to the computer? I thought the whole point was no computer?
3.) I wish the right-side page turn button was the same angle as the left side - i.e. flat.
4.) The Sony Reader is positively sexy in comparison (still getting over this!)
5.) I wish the keyboard on the front could be covered somehow. They distract me while I'm reading. I like no distractions while I read.
6.) The enclosed case really is rubbish.
Even with all these faults, the Kindle is a remarkable first attempt from Amazon.
1) I want it to put me in the new book at the same location where I left off in the sample, too.
2) Go to the Content Manager from the main menu. You can delete it there.
4) *sigh* I know. Ultimately I'll choose function over form but I'd prefer to have both.
5) A nifty little slide out keyboard like I have on my smartphone would rock.
6) The case is working pretty well for me now that the spine's a bit more bendy and the tab in the back isn't slipping out of its groove as much. I think that's also it flexing a bit with wear. This makes me worry that it'll just wear out in a while, though. I'm hoping for a better aftermarket case.