View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #83
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
You see us who own a Nook, Kobo, a Sony etc. we can shop freely where we want, when we want at a pluthera of bookstores. Yes you guys have mobi (does anyone even use that anymore?) You Kindle owner have to sneak behind Big Daddy's back and do some things that just may not be the most ethical tatics to get other books.
Amazon sells the books I want at a price I want, I don't need other stores. I don't need to sneak around anyones back because I can buy what I want at competitive prices from Amazon. And they are all archived for me by Amazon.

The books I wanted were not available at B&N or Kobo or Sony the few times the books I wanted that were not avialable at Amazon. So this supposed greatness of multiple stores really does not pan out for me.

I have seen more then one person on this board comment that they bought a Kindle because they could not find the books they want else where and they were not comfortable with stripping DRM. As a matter of fact, that was just posted on again today. The other bookstores may be catching up but they are not there yet.

The real point, for me, is that Amazon's selection is the best around and I can find what I want, when I want it easily enough. I don't have to go shopping at other stores because Amazon has it and if Amazon doesn't have it I have yet to find it at the other stores. Which means that this great flexibility sounds wonderful on paper but really doesn't seem to mean much in practice. Just like the SD card slot and the removable battery.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote