View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 09:01 PM   #11
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
I'm sorry but I'm useless with the command prompt, could you please go through it step by step.
ConvertLIT can be used to break the DRM on LIT files, as well as its undoubtedly legitimate format shifting capability on DRM-free LIT files such as those from Baen. So I can't provide a link here, but it is easily found on the web. There is a GUI version for Windows, use it to "extract" a .lit file and you will get a directory containing the "exploded" version (HTML, images, and an OPF file). I will assume you put this in the same directory as the LIT file.

Download mobigen.exe from Mobipocket Developer Center. It is a zip file that just contains the command line program mobigen.exe. Copy this to your standard LIT directory. The exploded file will be a subdirectory. Open a command prompt window (one way to to select it via START > PROGRAMS > Accessories). Type in the command
Code:
cd directoryname
you can cut and paste the directoryname from the Address line of a standard window (it often starts C:\) and here it should be the directory with the exploded file in it. Now issue the command:
Code:
..\mobigen.exe filename.opf -c1 -s0 -jpeg
The "..\" is there because mobigen.exe is in the directory one down from where you are. The result should be filename.mobi.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote