Originally Posted by kiwidude
Which metadata is it that you want copied? Could you provide a more detailed example of the steps you take currently? It may be there is another way to solve your problem (or not). I can't think of a situation where duplicating all of the metadata makes sense so not quite understanding what it is you are hoping for, sorry.
OK the scenario is I am entering a large series of books, for instance an encyclopedia. I would like to:
1. Drag in all the books in the series.
2. Enter all the information for the first book in the series (which has the same title, author, author_sort, publisher, series name, date published, and even many of the the same common shared tags), and save the book.
3. right click on the book just entered and "Copy"
4. right click the second book in the series and "Paste" everything from the copied book
5. tweak only the differences between the books, say adding or removing a few tags.
This would be useful for series, or for different versions of the same book