View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 12:23 PM   #12
DavidRM
Addict
DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
A Story of Reese & Sam

Note: This is the first story I wrote about Reese & Sam, while I was still exploring them as characters for The Summoning Fire. This story is non-canonical with The Summoning Fire. That is, if it did happen, it might not have gone down exactly this way. And you'll notice the Old Man, and their relationship with him, is still evolving. Enjoy! :-)

Reese Makes a Deal
by David Michael

There was only one way to kill a vampire quickly: grind it into hamburger. Reese did the next best thing. She emptied the magazine of her 12 gauge pump-action shotgun into the thing's chest and head.

She paused only long enough to take two deep, gasping breaths. Then she stepped back to reload, pushing shells into the tube magazine and looking over at Sam to see how the other woman was doing.

Sam sat, leaning against the wall where the vampire had thrown her, looking dazed.

"You still with me?" Reese asked.

Sam shook her head, blinked a few times. "Maybe," she said.

Reese pumped a shell into the chamber, pushed another shell into the magazine to keep it full. Then she let the shotgun dangle from its shoulder strap as she picked up her nine millimeter semi-auto from the floor where she had dropped it.

She popped out the clip, counted only six rounds. She pushed the clip into her pocket and pulled out a full one to replace it. Then she unscrewed the silencer from the barrel, put it away as well. After nine shots, it was spent. And after five blasts from the shotgun, there wasn't anyone within a quarter mile who didn't know she and Sam were around...

Read the rest of the story on my blog, Guns & Magic...

-David
DavidRM is offline   Reply With Quote