Thread: Classic New Hardware
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 12:27 AM   #5
spec
Zealot
spec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
Let me re-word my post. This is not a firmware issue, it's a new hardware issue, no matter what firmware it's running. I have a new 10038XXXX new hardware Nook. I am currently running 1.5 rooted. I have found that the keystrokes given for updating the Eink Nook via an unsigned bravo_update.dat

Do not work on my new hardware nook, with either 1.42 firmware OR 1.5 firmware.

BTW, this info:

is badly dated. All Eink nooks are currently rootable.

http://nookdevs.com/Rooting_New_Hardware
The above article will not work if your nook came with 1.5 from b&n. My understanding is not all nooks are rootable. 1.4.1 1.4.2 are rootable using that method but the bug allowing to use that method has been fixed in firmware 1.5. On top of that, the above method doesnt enable downgrading to 1.0.0 and installing unsigned updates. All it does is it starts adbd so that you can connect to your nook via adb and install apps this way.
spec is offline   Reply With Quote