Install bravo_update.dat from sd.
1. Hold the power until your e-ink screen goes off.
2. Press and hold the "<" button on the right side of the nook, and then press and release the power button, while continuing to hold the "<" button.
3. You can release "<" once a screen appears indicating that your device is updating. Wait through the entire process and when you see a launcher screen, reboot once more.
Forcing Software Update
* Turn off nook
* Turn it on
* Quickly hold 2 buttons on either side (not all 4 as previously said)
* A screen will appear on the eInk display that says updating and the lower screen will show "Mounting partitions" and then "Checking for updates"
Neither of these work for me. After I press the power button my screen goes black and stays black until I get the starting nook screen. I have new 10038 hardware.
Can anyone confirm that these work with new hardware?