View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 11:24 AM   #59
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Kindle 3 / Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by montalex View Post
@WS64: I'm not able to create, much less move and select with, a cursor on an epub page in fbKindle. If I want to use my dictionary, I've got to toggle back to Kindle to enter a word.

I can't yet see any practical use for fbKindle. Duokan, on the other hand, handles DJVU and PDF very nicely. Now, if only it were possible to use Launchpad to toggle between Kindle and Duokan.
Well, except that one thing (select a word somehow) FbKindle is perfect for me. I finally have syllabication, I can get a much nicer page view (I can finally add a defined gap between paragraphs), and I just can switch back and forth between FBK and Kindle itself.

Duokan for me is so far just works for changing the device date in case I have to reboot (my kindle refuses to connect to my WiFi, without Duokan I probably would have sent it back already since with the wrong date the newest books always end at the end of my book list).
For reading books Duokan is not usable since too many letters (especially German umlauts) do not appear at all or are displayed with a completely wrong font.

I agree PDF rendering is better in Duokan than in Kindle itself, but then again my opinion is that you need a way bigger display (bigger than Kindle DX) to read most PDFs, so better still means "not usable" here too.

I'm still searching for a tablet device where I can easily read musical sheets...
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote