Originally Posted by marie44
The plugboard that jackie_w described, as I understand it, was supposed to change it so that when I sort by author the titles in a series will display by series order rather than alphabetical by title. And it works, but only some of the time. (I just double checked, and if I sort by "title" rather than "author" I have the same issues - some series sort by series #, and some sort alphabetically). I didn't know if perhaps there was something in the plugboard that needs to be different for a 650, since jackie_w has a 505. Or does the 505 workaround just not work for the 650?
I'm glad that my info got you part way to your goal.
Just to clarify... All the info I posted above was nothing to do with Collections at all. To get all books sorted by Author/Series/Series_index/Title I was using an item from the main menu of the PRS505 called "Books by Author" rather than the main menu item labelled "Collections". I suppose it's possible that the PRS650 doesn't have these menu items.
However, since my previous post I HAVE been tinkering with Collections and some more of chaley's fantastic new features.
Like you I have edited my Sony Device Interface plugin so that Collections are only created from Tags (genre in my case). The books were sorted by Title by default. Title, here seems to mean the Title in the Calibre library. Confusing, or what.
Nevertheless I got my Collections correctly sorted like this:
- Created a new column in my library using Preferences - Add your own columns
You'll never see this field on your reader, so you don't need to get elaborate. It's only used for sorting.
Lookup name: coll505sort
Col hdg: Coll_505_sort
Col type: Col built from other cols
- Close Calibre and restart so the new column is added.
- Then back into Preferences - Tweaks and set
sony_collection_sorting_rules = [(['*'], '#coll505sort')]
- Close Calibre and restart so the new tweak is added.
- Connect PRS505 to Calibre, let it do its stuff and disconnect.
- Then when I went into Collections and opened one of them all the books were in the order defined by my new custom column
- NB. All the work done in the Plugboard is still as I described earlier in the thread, i.e the Collection work is in addition
Perhaps you could see if this works on your PRS650.