View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 09:36 PM   #59
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have been playing with Handbrake for most of the evening and one thing that I'm just not getting is how I can bump up the resolution. The source is showing as 720 x 480. If I don't change anything I end up with a movie that fills the screen but everything is ever so slightly stretched...it's not a ton but I find it distracting watching the movie this way. If I check Keep Aspect Ratio I no longer have the stretching but the movie is significantly smaller and I have larger black bars.

Part of what is perplexing me is that I had converted a movie for my Android phone which fits the screen very nicely on the Nook. It's possible this was not a wide screen format movie...but I also have 3 other movies I got from another source and they also fill the screen nicely...I suppose it's possible they, too, were not wide screen.

Anyway, if my original movie is only 720 x 480...how are you bumping UP the resolution?
French is offline   Reply With Quote