View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 12:10 AM   #22
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
If you want to discuss the book, then it would still depend on which edition they had even if you both had print copies. For some that's as simple as the hardback or the paperback. For others, especially classics, there are tons of printings. If you tried to use a page number system on the ebook that was not related to screens, you'd have to decide which version of the print book to use as a reference. At least the Kindle is internally consistent and probably not too hard to estimate. If I know I'm 200 locations in from the start of chapter 4, I can probably get the person I'm talking with to the right point pretty quickly. Speaking of chapters, I'm totally with Jon on that one. I would love it if the Kindle could display easily how many locations to the end of the chapter. I hate stopping my reading in between chapters.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote