View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 07:57 AM   #10
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: AVTN8; BBMini; Onyx Boox T68; SGN8
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
When I create ebook I always google for a cover or maybe 2-3.
However, I must say it is a vanity.
If I don't find a cover, the book is as good/bad as with cover.
So, truthfully, I don't care. I browse books by author name and title.

I don't care too much, I agree with astra that it is a vanity. But, like ficbot, I sometimes just use that cover browser in Calibre, just for the fun of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
That said, I have a few past reads which have truly awful cover art, and it annoys me a little to scroll through my list of completed books and they all look nice like a bookstore, and then there is a garish hack job there in the middle of it I have even thought of making my own generic cover that I can use for books like this, but I am not sure how to go about it.

If I can't find a good looking cover, I will use a generic one I made myself. I simply used Paint Shop Pro, made a generic image and added two Text fields (vector images) on it. I can change the text in these fields, save the file under a different name and I have my generic cover...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote