View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 08:35 AM   #1
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
PRS-950 - User review of BOOKARMOR case

REVIEW of OMNSCIENCE BookArmor Case for the Sony PRS-950 ebook reader

Bottom line:
Highly Recommended! For those who expect to handle their Sony reader in a rough manner – this case/cover can’t be beat. Weight of the cover may be an issue for some people.

As a proud owner of the Sony PRS-505 reader, I purchased a BookArmor case to protect it. It was one of the best investments that I had made and found it offered unparalleled protection to the device and its easily broken screen.

Recently, I sold my 505 and upgraded to the 950. This is my impression of the new BookArmor case for the PRS950.

Pros:
-Zippered case with a great fit and incredible structural integrity.
-Easy to use
-Foam layer contacts screen
-Back of cover folds behind if desired
-Reasonably priced to other cases
-The reader attachment system uses the 3M Command adhesive and click/lock webbing for a very secure and easily removed (if desired) connection -
RECOMMEND using alternative way to attach ebook reader to case – place 950 in case, flip case over so back is upright, press down on outside of case until you hear a “click”
-customer service from Omniscience is great. I had a problem with a unit (off-aroma) purchased on amazon.com and they quickly sent me a replacement.
-has a strap to hold the book and case.
-very well made and durable

Cons:
-Unlike the former 505 case, this one does not require the use of an inner ebook cover. Instead, it uses a galvanized steel plate to offer strength and rigidity. Some users may find that this added weight may be more than desired. Metal plate is currently the best way to offer structural integrity and protection to the screen and reader (according to supplier).
-only available in Black

Available from: Omniscience, Inc.
http://www.extremeinkjet.com/BookArm...okarmor950.htm

Cost: $34.95 + $5 shipping USD

Some reviews from Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...BHKSSDADYYEQGS

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...BHKSSDADYYEQGS
Attached Files
File Type: pdf bookarmor1.pdf (89.2 KB, 278 views)
File Type: pdf bookarmor2.pdf (95.1 KB, 220 views)
File Type: pdf bookarmor3.pdf (105.6 KB, 212 views)
File Type: pdf bookarmor4.pdf (121.1 KB, 211 views)

Last edited by gardenstate; 11-29-2010 at 08:44 AM.
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote