View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 06:03 PM   #1
PHugger
Connoisseur
PHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle 3G, Sony PRS-505
Infant Mortality

My 32 day old PRS505 just borked it's screen. The rest still appears to work, but the display is Kaput! I tried everything: charging, warming (condensation), syncing, resetting - if you can think of some combination of button presses I tried it. Have you ever gotten the indicator light to blink orange? Since it was two days past it's in-store return period I wasn't able to get any help from the blue temple where I purchased it. It's now on it's way back to Sony for a replacement/repair.

I fear what will happen if I'm given a different reader. Has anyone had to deal with their DRM'd books like this? Can Sony change the reader ID so I won't have to reload all of my purchased book again? I'm assuming that they will at least allow me to do this. I may have to go back to pbooks for a while - Arrrrrgh!

PCH
PHugger is offline   Reply With Quote