*** This plugin has now been moved - download from the link below ***
This plugin was designed to allow quick navigation from the selected books in the library view in Calibre to a choice of websites in your web browser.
By default websites such as FantasticFiction, Amazon, Google and Wikipedia are assigned, however around 100 more website links are included for you to select from and you can add/remove your own to this list.
I mainly use this plugin to look for better quality metadata than that available from the default Calibre sources, however it is also useful to get detailed reviews, identify missing books in a series, accurate publication dates, find similar authors etc.
- Launch website searches for books matching author, title, isbn or publisher
- Can assign multiple pages to open at once in a special group
- Easy to use configuration dialog accessed via r/c menu or Preferences->Plugins
- Over 100 predefined website urls for you to choose from, plus the ability to add your own.
- Menu is fully customisable to change ordering, add submenus, keyboard shortcuts and images
- Import and export capability for backup or sharing with other users
- Help file web page available from the configuration dialog
- Requires Calibre 0.7.42 or later.
- Download the attached zip file and install the plugin/restart Calibre/add to context menu as described in the first post of this thread.
- A menu such as in the first screenshot attached to this post should appear. If you desire no changes to the list of websites you need do nothing further.
- If you want to add further websites, keyboard shortcuts, reorder/remove from this list, change menu names etc then this is possible by clicking on "Customize plugin" in the context menu. This is also available via the Preferences->Plugins dialog once you select it within the list.
Original tracker ticket 7502
Original forum discussion thread here