Originally Posted by Themus
Just an update. I tried again, ePub to ePub conversion. Cover came over and I thought I was on my way. Plugged my Nook Color back in and did another ePub to ePub conversion.
Unplugged Nook Color from USB cable and last ePub has cover, but first one now does not. I am beginning to think B&N has some code in their processes which affects the covers being depicted on the device.
I don't know if this might help, but when I converted epub to epub to get my covers to come over, and some of them that I had previously were "lost", I did a hard reboot of the nook (powered off completely, then powered back on) and then the "lost" covers came back.
Also, when I did epub to epub, most of my covers came over, but some did not. For those, I had to convert epub to mobi, and then convert BACK from mobi to epub, and that worked. Now, all of my covers are loaded (occasionally I still had to do a hard reboot for some covers to show back up after the conversions and book downloads, but now that they are all there, and everything works fine)
P.S... This was all done using Calibre alone (did not have to use Sigil and did not have to explode/tweak the epubs. Just used Calibre to covert epub to epub, epub to mobi and/or mobi to epub)