View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 12:47 AM   #3
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook SimpleTouch with Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
I've run across that with library print books - another patron puts a hold on it near the due date so I can't renew it.
Ah, but with a library book, you can suck up the 10 per day fine and just keep it out until you finish it. I think some libraries might charge 25 per day.

That's the good and bad of library ebooks. Good because it keeps the book circulating instead of someone not returning it and won't ever generate a late fee. Bad if you don't finish it in time.

If you really want to finish it you can strip off the DRM and then delete it when you finish reading. As long as you haven't actually deleted the book from the My Digital Editions folder you can still strip-DRM, even after it's expired. I've resorted to that a time or two.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote