View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 08:06 PM   #21
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura (soon), (soon-to-be-ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Perhaps because it would be a bit silly to buy a Sony Reader if you didn't have (or at least have access to) a Windows machine. It's dependent on Windows for the Connect Store, firmware upgrades, etc. It is reasonable to assume that someone who has a Sony Reader has access to a Windows machine.
I don't have a PC. My access to a PC is inconvenient (at best). Fortunately, I don't really care about the connect store as long as they insist on DRM-ridden content (and over-priced, to add insult to injury). My interest would pick up (some) if they dumped the DRM.

I'm happily using my prs500 with my Macs and Libprs500. Remind me why it would be silly to buy a Sony Reader without having a Windows machine?

Xenophon

P.S. I spend hundreds of dollars on eBooks each year. I think I'm the kind of customer Sony would be interested in capturing and satisfying. So why do they insist on ignoring my platform of choice? Even though it's now back up above 10% (of home machines) in the US market? Oh, right. Windows is the "standard"...
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote