Thread: DRM confusion
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 11:49 AM   #52
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by suecsi View Post
You can

It's called Kindle4PC, Kindle4Mac, KindleforIPhone, Kindle4Android and (in the US officially, but apparently it sorta works outside), Kindle4Blackberry
yep, but these are all backlit devices - I hope I am wrong, but I do not think you can read it on an e-reader that is not Kindle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady
My guess is that the majority of people don't care because they are using their first e-reader. Suppose it's a Kindle; they're happily buying books from Amazon.
not only that - a newby may very well discover that there are restrictions after buying a book or an e-reader. The restriction is not really prominent, and the newcomer must somehow infer that "Kindle edition" means you cannot read the book anywhere else but kindle.

The masses of questions on DRM issues on this forum suggests to me that this issue is far from being obvious...
paola is offline   Reply With Quote